Canada is actively seeking highly-skilled technology workers to support the growth of its tech industry. If you work in tech and are interested in immigrating to Canada, here are some ways to do so:

  1. Express Entry: The Express Entry system is a popular immigration program that allows highly skilled foreign workers to apply for permanent residency in Canada. If you work in tech, you may be eligible for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, which requires a minimum of one year of skilled work experience in an eligible occupation.
  2. Global Talent Stream: The Global Talent Stream is a fast-track work permit program that allows Canadian employers to hire highly skilled foreign workers in certain occupations, including tech. If you are hired through the Global Talent Stream, you may be eligible for permanent residency through Express Entry.
  3. Provincial Nominee Programs: Some Canadian provinces have specific immigration programs for tech workers, such as the Ontario Tech Pilot or the British Columbia Tech Pilot. These programs are designed to attract foreign workers with skills in high-demand occupations in the tech industry.
  4. Start-Up Visa Program: If you are an entrepreneur with a tech business idea, the Start-Up Visa Program may be a pathway to permanent residency in Canada. This program requires a minimum investment and a letter of support from a designated organization.
  5. Quebec Experience Program: If you are already working in Quebec and have a degree from a Quebec institution, you may be eligible for the Quebec Experience Program. This program is designed to encourage international students and workers to settle permanently in Quebec.

It’s important to note that the eligibility requirements and application processes for these programs can be complex and may vary depending on your specific circumstances. Therefore, it’s recommended that you consult with a professional immigration lawyer or consultant to ensure that you understand your options and the requirements for immigrating to Canada as a tech worker.

Aventure Law provides a full suite of immigration law services. Please get in touch to discuss any matters pertaining to Immigration to CanadaWe also have very strong ties with professional educational consultants, if you require assistance in securing admission to a Canadian educational institution.

For further information, please contact Akshata Mandevia ( or Imran Lalani (